Thursday, August 13, 2009

THR3E by Ted Dekker

Back Cover Blurb:

Kevin Parson is alone in his car when his cell phone rings. A man calling himself Slater offers a deadly ultimatum: You have exactly three minutes to confess your sin to the world. Refuse, and the car you're driving will blow sky high. The the phone goes dead.

Kevin panics. Who could make such a demand? What sin? Yet not sure what else to do, Kevin swerves into a parking lot and runs from his car. Just in case.

Precisely three minutes later, a massive explosion sets his world on a collision course with madness. And that's only the first move in this deadly game.


Publishers Weekly says "An almost perfect blend of suspense, mystery and horror."

And I totally, 150% agree. I found Thr3e mostly by accident yesterday and then sat up until almost 1 a.m. and finished reading. There are so many things I love about this book,the thing that sealed the deal and made me a fan is that I never saw the end coming. Not many books surprise me and but Thr3e kept me in my seat and held me until the very end. And even after I'd put it aside, my thoughts still returned to the characters, the plot and the great twist. (My daughter will be reading it soon - I can hardly wait to have someone to talk about this book with.)

I love the characters and how "real" they are. The plot never became predictable and the twist...AWESOME!!!

My one concern when I considered purchasing Thr3e was how much or how preachy did he get. Afterall, I found Thr3e at a Christian book store. No worries though...the religious message blended into the story, was never preachy or condemning and didn't over power the story either. A perfect balance, in my opinion.

If you enjoy Stephen King or Dean Koontz, then give Ted Dekker a try. You won't be sorry.


You can read an excerpt here.

No comments: