Monday, September 21, 2009

POV Dilemma - Pt. 2

Well, I did it. I revised my first chapter back into third person, added a chapter two from a second character's pov that because I was writing in first couldn't be used and then revised chapter three back into third person. Not serious revision, just a change of pov.

While studying where I wanted to add this second character's pov, I realized he'd have ch. 2, maybe 5 or 6 and then 10. I also realized after rereading the revised chapters that I'd lost a lot of the MC's voice which was one of the things I really, really wanted to keep.

I also realized third person just wasn't the POV for this novel. First person is just better for the story. And like I said at the Let's Write a Novel...Together! blog, the story is the most important thing.

So, I saved the third person chapters in a seperate file and now I'm feeling confident in my choice of POV.

Sometimes it just takes a while to figure out which POV works best. So, when you wonder if you made the right choice, play with it a bit. See which works best. You aren't stuck with your original choice.

Now, off to ponder where I'm going from here.:-)

No comments: