Monday, May 4, 2009

Honorable Mention or "Tie for Second"

Well, today was the big day. The winner of the latest Reading Writer prompt was to be announced.

Okay, maybe not so big but still, I'd been waiting for today for a couple weeks. I felt my piece had a good chance of winning but with contests, you never can tell just what the judge likes so I didn't hold my breath.

And while I didn't "win" I did get an Honorable Mention or as I like to call it, a "Tie for Second." There were 318 entries, 1 winner and 10 Honorable Mentions. So, all in all, not bad.

Congrats to all those who entered. It takes courage to put your work out there for judging.

Special congrats to those who "tied for second" and to the winner. His piece is very nice.

You can find the results here and the winner's story here.

There is plenty of time to enter their next prompt. You can find it here.

1 comment:

Sandra said...

Congratulations Jean! :-)

Hugs,
Sandy